For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Children With Deaf Moms

Just for fun, I quizzed my adult children what they recall about having a deaf Mom.

I have five adult children. The first four had a hearing father, but he traveled. The last one was a Koda, Mom and Dad both Deaf.

#, 1 Son: I just remember that I "got by with alot!"

#2. Daughter: "My first memory is of having to POUND on the bathtub for Mom to come and inspect our ears and tell us we could get out of the tub."

#3. Son: He says all he can remember was his mom sweeping the sidewalk, no one else's mom did that!

#4. Daughter: "I felt badly because my mom had to attend all of our music programs when she could not hear them! But she was always there!

#5. Son: I remember lying in the backseat of the car while my dad played "Crocodile Rock" FULL BLAST on the car radio.

2 comments:

  1. I grew up with a mom who swept the sidewalk too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad swept the sidewalk with his shop broom when I was growing up. He now lives at the lake and doesn't use the leaf blower because the noise scares the animals away. He feeds animals including raccoons and SKUNKS that have NEVER sprayed him.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.