For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sick and Tired of Cranberries??

By now or at least by the end of this week, perhaps some of you are a little bored with cranberry sauce on your left over turkey? I have a good solution!

Grapefruit & Celery Jello Salad (an old, old standby, we love it!)

1 pkg lime jello, prepared as usual
1 can of grapefruit sections
3 or 4 celery stalks chopped in your food processor

While the Jello is setting in your fridge, drain the grapefruit and throw the chopped celery onto the grapefruit to let all of them drain together. When the Jello is starting to thicken, add the drained grapefruit sections and celery. Mix well and leave in your fridge until set. I learned from my mother in law long ago that if you add about 1/2 tsp of rice vinegar to the Jello water it gives it a nice flavor. I know this recipe sounds toooo simple to be any good, but it is delicious! Also very good when serving fish. Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sometime I do eating ham sandwiches with Cranberry sauce. I never thought it will be boring cranberry jellie sauce.

    You also can tried to use turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce,too. It taste soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.