For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Losing Friends

I am at that time of life where I have started losing friends, one at a time, but surely and forever. One by one I have had to say, "Goodbye" down deep from my heart because I am not much for funerals or "Memorial Celebrations". ' Let each one of us "celebrate" a person's demise the way we wish, not in a way that suits our culture and is just a convenient way to get together and shoot the bull.

I am doing okay, not a miraculous recovery from losing those close to me, but I am learning to "take it like a man". My pillow is still often wet, but I arise each morning hoping that the new day will be better than the one previous.

I am gaining family, three new great-grandchildren this summer. Two boys and one little girl. The last boy was just born this morning, an emergency because the doctors decided that the placenta was not doing it's job and the baby was nutritionally deprived. Anthony weighed in at 3 pounds and 12 ounces and has been pronounced fit, they got him out in time. Thank the Lord! We just never know what is going to happen next, scary, but surely we just have to plod on.

I will be back very soon. Right now I have two very rambunctious great-grandsons trying to demolish my house in record time. They have a beautiful baby sister, Elliana Marie, and they are beautiful and intelligent and have loving and hard working parents.

Good night to my hundreds of online friends, who often make my life more tolerable.

xoxoxo Patty



2 comments:

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.