For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LIFE ON AN AXIS

It's been awhile. And I have been around for awhile. Which means that everything appears more and more discouraging, no matter how you look at it. OBama better not try pulling the plug on ME, because he will have to answer to his own Maker eventually. I am sure he has thought of this, (or should have!) Do we all have the same Maker, no matter our color? I hope so!

Lots of family issues these last few weeks. My daughter's boyfriend retired, only to have a heart attack and have to undergo openheart surgery. My daughter (JanMarie) does not handle stress well, and neither do I, so we are at a stalemate, who is in line for medical importance at the moment? I bow out. I can leave this world at any minute, with no regrets, but feel badly for my children, who still have some years left to enjoy. I guess this is the price we have to pay for having our children young, we all eventually wind up at a dangerous age at the same time. I am not making any sense? 'Thought so! Sorry. I am upset.

JanMarie has worked for the Federal Government for over 30 years (Gifford Pinchot National Forest). 'Hard, physical, contact work, which deals with greatly with common sense instead of something you learn from a book. She worked through the major Mt. St. Helens Eruption and beyond. BUT THEY HAVE NEVER OFFERED HER MEDICAL INSURANCE. Now, at age 57, after 30+ years with Gifford, she is ill with bloodclots in her legs and there is no insurance from the government to assist her or even a good word, or a thankyou, to make her illness easier to bear.

For this I have paid taxes all my life? My adult children are not protected? Not even from an errupting volcano?

I cry in my sleep. I am ashamed for my country. And even now, during my "Golden Years", I have to trust my government to let me live if I become too expensive to them. Still not making sense? I agree with you! Please help me understand!

3 comments:

  1. I understand Lantana. I do. I have no words that will really comfort you except to say I understand the pain of our children in pain.

    I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you Lantana? It's been awhile...just checking in to see how you are. Hope things are okay in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.