For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Moooving (ugh)

Just a brief note this time to let my friends know that I am all moved but still have full cardboard boxes everywhere. I am looking for a person who sells estates, because that is what my stuff amounts to, an estate!

I now reside inland, no more coastal living -- not quite. I bought a condo in a 55 and older gated community which so far is good. The weather has not permitted us all to get outside and become acquainted yet.

I live on a slough with lots and lots of wildlife right in my backyard, including a resident blue heron! Nutria are a problem here, I understand but so far I have seen only one. I understand that the county sprays for mosquitos.

'Set up my new doorbell system which has STROBE LIGHTS so there is no problem missing anyone who comes to visit. The strobes reach where other flashing lights do not. It was a headache to install and is still not perfect, but due to many different circuits in this house, I have to be happy with what I have.

I cannot get back on FB due to my new email addie and the fact that I forgot my old password while I was in the hospital! FB is equal to Nazi Germany!

My kids are coming the weekend of the 12th to set up my new bird feeders out in back. I have only a tiny patch of lawn in back, but across the fence there is a greenbelt for wildlife with so many different species of birds! I had to spend a little $$ and get "squirrel resistent" bird feeders. I understand that there is no such thing as "squirrel proof" just squirrel resistent!

Next post I will explain how my neighbors reacted at having a new deafie neighbor! I have a few complaints, but am trying not to use my soap box at least for awhile!

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Ah... I will miss visiting you when I go over to the coast.. and your lovely garden. I know you will quickly make your little patch a Paradise!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.