For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Typical Day

I am beginning to wonder if anything ever goes right?

I recently paid $150.00 to have my fax machine brought up to date. Thanks to Sorenson and the new numbers, my distinctive ringing is all fouled up. Impossible to straighten out. After I paid, I found out that my fax still does not ring appropriately. I cannot tell it from any other call. :(

So, my dentist failed at letting me know that my appointment was canceled. I drove all the way to Astoria only to be told to come back next week! Then on the way home a semi with 2 trailers (a cement truck) jackknifed on the highway (two lane highway) and traffic was tied up for a very long time. Thank goodness for my Blackberry, my grand daughter, Leah and I were able to compare problems. Little Joey lost one shoe. Adrian was a brat downtown when he didn't get to go on all of the rides that he wished. And ME STUCK in traffic, thank God for air conditioning!

Poor Grandma. Poor GREAT-grandma! At least we are going to have a good dinner tonight. With my state of mind I hope I can enjoy it!

Weather is great -- windy, but sunny and more like "beach weather". Leah pulls the two little boys around in my John Deere wagon that Joe gave me for my birthday years ago, to haul veggies from the garden.

I am looking forward to my TempurPedic in a couple of hours and my housekeeper and her son will start tomorrow!

Until next time, Lantana

4 comments:

  1. That happened to me too this month. My doctor could not reach me because the number had changed and the one he had did not work anymore. I got charged $50 for a missed appointment. Oooh, the aggravations of life seems to get worse as one gets older.

    I am not sure if this will solve your problem, but here goes: in a household where there are both deaf and hearing people, we had distinctive ring to separate the hearing from the fax and TTY calls. The phone company gave us a separate number just for the TTY and fax. Two numbers, one line. It cost half again the price of a single number.

    The special ring pattern for the second number then was programmed into a switch box and lights were attached to the phone that was plugged into the TTY and the fax. Riiiing, riiing, no flash, that was for the hearing kids. Ring-ring, ring-ring, flash, flash, that was for the deaf parents.

    A separate light was added to the vp200 unit when we got that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much DiRez. My husband and I had a setup something like that, but the one distinctive ring was for the TTY -- then later the VP200. I no longer use the TTY, indeed you read how my mind went blank when I found my husband dead. I had no memory of how to to use the TTY! Now, with the new VP200 new numbers and a fax machine, everything is screwed up. I have a guru who is trying, I have been a client of his for many years and he learned alot about VP from his working with me! He tried to transfer the distinctive ring to the fax machine, but the fax can be adjusted without going thru the phone company. So now I am trying to figure out where to put the distinctive ring, or give it up all together! My dentist has faxed me for years and years, so this was very aggrivating when my fax did not pick up. My guru will be here in the morning, I will let you know what happens. I also have a flashing doorbell system, and that makes it even more complicated, I don't know whether I am coming or going! I wonder if a wireless VP would solve part of the problem?? Geeze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vp200 is on your internet cable, and the fax is on your phone line. They are (or should be) separate from each other. Separate numbers. Separate flashing lights. Or do you have a different setup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lantana,

    I am telling you a truth that I am still use TTY and VP200 and Fax. We are tried to cut phone bills. But I cannot cutting the phone, Due to Fax machine. I must keep phone number on so I can fax to anyplace for job hunting. I must keep that mind the way I never want to cut fax phone. for any emergency.

    Deaf Pixie

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.