For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Deaf Author

I would like to make everyone who reads my blog aware of our newest deaf author, Stacy Canter. You can Google her name up, but I have known her for quite a few years as a close online friend and confidente, thus, I thought I would give her a plug here on my blog.

Stacy is deaf and has a CI. She mainly lives in the hearing world, has a hearing husband and children, but never the less, her problems are OUR problems, we deafies stick together.

Part of our close rapport came from the fact that I, a former Student Life Counselor for the deaf, was very aware of the frequency of sexual abuse of deaf children. I saw it too often to deny it existed. It has been only recently that these victims, now adults have come out with their stories and I hope that their opening up and forcing the public (and parents!) to become aware of a sick society that preys not only on a child but a child with a disability! And the saddest part is, the perps were almost always close members of the family, an uncle, a babysitter, etc.

I am not going to spoil Stacy's story by saying too much here, I will let you read her book. I am sorry I cannot say, "Happy Reading" in this case!

You will find her on Facebook under her own name.

Great work, Stacy, we are proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, many thanks and I definitely will look it up. I rarely read books but if it's worth it, I will read then.

    Big hugs!
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.