For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stormy Oregon Coast

'No axe to grind. It just occurred to me that I had not written in my blog for awhile. I am at present planning a trip to Phoenix, Az. to attend my grandson, Geoff's wedding. He is a policeman there and his fiance is a school teacher. Their dog, Niner (yeah Geoff is a serious golfer!) will take part in the ceremony.

I live on the rugged Coast and rarely wear anything except jeans and a sweatshirt -- or in warmer weather, a long sleeved T-shirt. So "what not to wear" has been going around and around in my head. (By the way, that is one of my favorite t.v. programs!) Not only that, how am I going to get my clothes there? I do not travel LIGHT and now with this ruckus with the airlines about baggage, I am kind of turned off. For heaven sake, I am going to a WEDDING, I cannot wear the same thing I wore on the plane! And SHOES? However can I stay almost a week without a choice of footwear?!

I spent 16 winters of my life on Maui with my husband, Joe, so yes, I do have Muu Muu's, lots of them! But I am not going to embarass my family by showing up at Geoff's wedding in a tent, and barefoot!

I guess I am going to have to settle the problem by flying Southwest. They do not charge for checking baggage. Free, free, free, BUT they are also more expensive now than the other airlines because they know they can get it!

While I am in Arizona I am going to meet some of my online buddies, and also one of my former students who has remained close to me over the years. She lives in Tucson. And I have been promised shopping trips to beat all shopping trips! I will worry about getting all the loot home later -- UPS, probably.

It looks as though I am going to have to have my left knee done, just as the right one was a few years ago. Hopefully shots will do the trick until school is out and my grand daughters can come down and babysit me. Joe was my nurse with the first operation. Knee replacement surgery is NOT a fun-time, but the results are wonderful. And it will be even more fun when I go thru the scanners at the airport! Clang, clang!

It is getting dark and I have not yet walked two doors down for my mail or my daily newspaper. Too much wind. So I still have my mail and the local rag to look forward to today, and 3 Netflix movies left to watch.

Until next time, friends, I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.