For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bad Karma

A run of icky luck lately. A local carwash malfunctioned and slammed my front bumper to the tune of $721.00 and some cents. The guys had to repaint the driver's door to get a match. ~Sigh~ and I had to rent a car, being that I live a ways out of town. The proprieter of the carwash refused to acknowledge any responsibility -- figures. 'Found a new zuke recipe in the local papers that sounded wonderful, so I went shopping and bought up what I needed. Guess what? My Cuisinart went belly up! It was old and had alot of miles on it, but we were bosom buddies and I feel sad over the death of an old friend. ' Went shopping and bought a new Kitchen Aid which seems to get the job done okay. I have 4 bags of new dirt and am all ready to plant, just waiting for April 15th, which is my usual jump off date. Am keeping things simple, nothing like I had in Naselle and Seaside, but enough to get my paws dirty. Still do not know what I want to do with my strip of backyard -- my creative juices are not flowing at this time. Emailed the company that did my front yard but have not heard back. Maybe he's had enough of my sass? Could be, but SOME people still need to learn that the customer is always right. ~~Chuckle~~. 'Lots of birds! I have never seen American Goldfinches this early, there were young ones a month ago! They have to be one year old before they turn yellow. Lots of ducks come up out of the slough to feast on the bounty. I am still waiting for my handyman to build me a gate so that I don't have to slide under the fence to feed my critters! Until next time. Lantana in Longview.

1 comment:

  1. So what did you end up planting? =)

    I have never heard of anyone tangling with a car wash before. Wow.... I have a healthier respect for them now.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.