For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Looking For Spring!

Wow, here I am again as big as life and twice as ugly. Or did I use that line before?!? At my age the memory is starting to fade, but perhaps that is a plus not a minus!?! I have lots of things I need to forget. So here I am in my new over-55 digs. So far so good. Many of my neighbors are still wintering somewhere else, and I do not blame them. I have yet to meet my neighbors to the South, last time I heard, they were in Ireland. I stepped out awhile back and attended the deafie St. Patricks party in Vancouver (yes, Vancouver, WASHINGTON, not BC). It felt strange driving home in the dark, everything looked different and so I was careful not to take any shortcuts or detours. Been there, done that, with scary results. I ran into many, many of my former students and co-workers. I met a new friend who was wearing a green wig, which was helpful in finding my place at the table when I wandered off. Thanks, Elaine! It is always a treat to make a new friend, and a fellow deafie at that. I enjoyed getting out for a change but have to admit that big crowds are no longer for me -- and at night at that. I felt out of my element. I have been keeping my handiman busy and he will get busier as the weather becomes decent. Lots of pruning to do out in back in the "green belt", which I understand I can adjust and modify to my wishes. Lots and lots of birds at my baffled feeders, even early American Goldfinches at the finch feeder, and alot of Red Winged Blackbirds. Interesting that I had a flock of Muscovy Ducks picking around under the feeders. So beautiful and regular residents of the slough out in back. No sign of our resident Blue Heron, I can imagine that he/she is busy this time of year, and who knows how far he had to go to meet up with his permanent mate? Blue Herons mate for life. No appetite! I enjoy shopping for groceries and browsing through all the new tidbits that they are rapidly slamming on the shelves these days, but I don't eat the stuff, so stopped buying. I will stick to my whole wheat crackers and my Laughing Cow. No good restaurants here, Seaside spoiled me. I had my regular route down there where the waiters and waitresses there were quick to serve me my single glass of chardonnay. I made a quick trip to Seaside awhile back to pick up the seatbelt extenders for my new car and I hit the Pig and Pancake for my favorite strawberry crepes before I hurried home. I say "hurry" because I had forgotten that it was Spring Break. I put up with that for too many years while a resident there! Speaking of my new car, a local carwash caused $641.00 worth of damage to my left front fender! This was the second carwash that did damage and this "ding" is a dilly! It will take 2 days to fix and I will have to rent a car, since I live so far out of town. I guess I should have kept mu Subaru, nothing ever happened to that! Until next time. Lantana in Longview.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyable reading as always, this made me drool a bit too. Hope someday I can join you for one of those sojourns! Glad our mutual friend introduced us via the internet !

    The Green Wigged Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, but I can't remember the other two... :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.