For "Older Folks" who find it difficult to keep up with this generation!

It is very difficult to be "cool" when you are no longer that! I will just continue to be myself and hope that someone will enjoy my experiences! Join me, you seniors!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Open Captions

At my suggestion, the owner of a local Theatre/Pub has begun showing Open Captioned movies on Monday and Tuesday evenings. First rate films, no oldies here! And since it is a pub, you can eat pizza and drink wine or beer while you are watching the movie. I have gone once so far, am going to try for this Tuesday again. Our summer arrived today, finally. Puff puff, I am still getting used to a new house and a new yard and am having problems hooking and unhooking my garden hoses because of arthritis. Lots of flowers in bloom around the complex, everyone here goes all out for a nice looking park-like setting. My Black Eyed Susan plants are getting fat and sassy, all except one. They were planted to cover up the above-ground electrical boxes (which are quite ugly, really!) 'Heading for Astoria tomorrow and their Sunday Market. I really miss that part of living on the Coast, but I am only an hour and a half away and I have a brand new car to take me back and forth! Monday, I will stop at my dealership to ask more questions, as there are quite a few things on my new car that I do not understand! My birds and squirrels are pigs, I have to fill up their feeders every other day! 'Until next time~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. I prefer to grow old disgracefully. I'm the one embarrassing the hell out of my younger relatives lol... I haven't watched an film in a cinema for 25 years, I can't see the point of captioned cinema for 5 people..... I prefer to wait till the video comes out, and, it's cheaper ! (Still any excuse to go to the pub...:) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it McMenimen's cafe/hotel that has movie theater in the Portland area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I accidently sent without finishing the rest. I was going to ask that if it is one of the McMenimen's cafes as your pub/theater aforementioned...would you kindly point out which one? It'd be greatly appreciated 'cuz I'd love to visit there. Thanks! :^)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to scroll down and see everything! And I would love it if you left a comment.